Tuesday, May 08, 2007

this past weekend

ds was part of a team of four who took part in a 24 hour mountain bike relay race. It took place in the foothills not too far from home. The route was a 12 mile loop with a 1500 ft climb in elevation and each person took turns riding for 24 hours. I went up to hang out for a while in between his laps, it was a windy...sunny...and overall nice day!!! This is ds after his second lap. He looks pretty happy to be near the finish line here.







That took up pretty much all of my Saturday but of course I took my drop spindle with me and worked on consistancy in my guage. That and trying to find the right guage to ply together to have about sock yarn guage! I don't think this roving is good for socks, but it is great for practice right? This little ball of yarn is about 90-100 yards.I think it's getting better.....certainly better than the big two toned purple stuff :).




I love this book!! The Dizzy Ewe told me about it
and I can't wait to try some of the dying
methods they teach in the book. And the socks
are amazing!

Sunday...yardwork followed by housework,
Tonight I dinner with my sis and we hung out
at my house afterward while I spun and she
knitted on her Noro Transitions Vest....it's almost
done and so beautiful!




oooh and my sp got her package....seems she liked it!!! And that's all I can say about that...wouldn't want to give my identity away just yet hehehe.
Have a happy week everyone!!!

No comments: