He had to work on Sunday so he spent the day at my house on Saturday as did my brother. They made big progress on a little project (I like to call my patio structure) that's been pretty much in the planning stage for about 5 years or more. (that's not counting the 5 or more years before that when it was in the thinking stage....me thinking it would be nice to have)
So, it starts like this....
Fast forward 4 years into the future....say to the present.... this showed up at my house on Saturday: Now ya have to admit...this looks promising! :)
and when you add to that some brain power....times two
(brother on the left, son on the right)
and a few power tools.....
You end the day with something like this:
I can't begin to tell you how excited I am about this!!!! I have wanted this patio structure/arbor /whatever you want to call it....for a very long time!
Now the guys are on a break because they both have to work for a living and unfortunately are not at my beck and call 24/7 (wouldn't that be something).....but I do belive this thing will be finished soon!!! Yay!
I'll be spending my weekend starting the staining process....picture espresso brown....and me sitting underneath this finished thing with my morning chai tea!!! YES!
While they were busy building....we also did the barbecue thing for dinner.....my son opened his birthday gift....and gave me a gift certificate for a local spa for Mom's Day.....nice.....now I just have to decide whether I want to get a facial, pedicure or massage...hmmmm well life is just full of tough decisions isn't it?
But I'll press on.


1 comment:
it looks like you have your hands full...
whoa.
scared of the meme but i guess i will try it.
i think someone meme'd me before, but i wouldnt do it.
why?
cause i am crazy.
ack.
Post a Comment