I know....hate is a strong word, and I don't use it lightly....I Hate Fringe! But.... I finished it anyway. This my friends is the Fiesta Yarns Biased Stole knit in La Boheme in the Malibu colorway (blue,green,teal,cream,gold,brown). It's a Mother's Day gift for my mom. It was knit on Addi circulars size 17. Wouldn't recommend it....too slippery, I wish I'd used bamboo. But it did turn out nice don't ya think?
The lawn is short, mowed it yesterday. The carpet is clean, vacuumed it today. And the laundry is pretty much finished, so.....today was a nice day, a day for finishing stuff....stuff like, the afore mentioned stole and this:
I finished spinning the roving I dyed last weekend (scroll down a few posts for info). And then I plyed it. And then I washed it to set the twist (look I think I'm speaking the lingo) and now it's drying. OK I admit, it's not the prettiest yarn I've ever seen....but it's my first dye job and my first spin job and my first ply job, so it's special even if it's not very pretty.
I have to say that I've had a lot of fun with this and I've learned alot....in retrospect there are probably several things I could have done with it to make it prettier....so I plan on experimenting next time. I ordered two books today online from BandN, Twisted Sister's Sock Workbook, and Yarns to Dye For both favorites of Ruth (Dizzy Ewe).
And that was pretty much my day! Oh wait...there was one more thing....yesterday I went to my LYS and bought some Noro Sumille. I'll be making an afghan for a wedding gift. I started that last night....today I timed how long it takes me to knit one row....not the yo/decrease pattern row...just a straight knit row....9 minutes! pretty much a single strand worsted wt. on a size 10.5. Yikes!!! I have til October....but still....yikes. I'd better get busy before it gets hot here when I won't feel like working on it.
Hope everyone else had as productive a weekend as I did.


2 comments:
Wow that looks great I'm jealous! I loved the way moms scarf turned out! Your sis
that looks like fun!
seriously, the dr. zhivago i watched was sooo cheesy. kiera knightly was in it and i loathe her. she needs to eat. really. she is awful but the tale is so tragic and sad.
reminded me of all those afternoons i spent taking the bus home reading anna karenina. thinking i had to finish it and not realizing how awesome russian literature can be. long and painful, just like their winters.
i need to get out of the city so we can have some green grass and some sheep to shear.
Post a Comment