hmmmmm what could this be?
Oh Joy!!!
And then, while I was attempting to spin ..... on my new Ashford Joy spinning wheel..... there was a knock on the door and this arrived!
Can you smell it from there?
My neighbor is in FFA at her high school, and she raised a lamb this year. Today was lamb shearing day, (next week is fair). So she was kind enough to glove up and put the fleece in a big plastic bag for me. Did I mention that before they sheared today, they had to wash the lamb? Yes it's true, the fleece is sopping wet....and I'd hate to see it before it was washed...cause it's nasty. Smells like the sheep barn at the fair...go figure.
And......there's a lot of it. I didn't have time to start washing it tonight, so I thought I should spread it out to let it dry so it doesn't get all nasty (like it isn't already). Guess what I'll be doing this weekend? :)


1 comment:
I have a truck full of fleese to pick up in Susanville - I need some combs so after I wash and dry it i can get it ready to spin...but I will not complaint - its free wool! Love the wheel.
Post a Comment