Thursday, July 06, 2006

UFOs

I grafted the toe on that UFO sock of fixation this evening...and then did the cast-on for the dreaded second sock. I think I've found a solution to that dread though, that is that if you start sock #1 and don't finish it for months, then when you do finish it, #2 doesn't seem so daunting. Well it sorta makes sense. So I did the cast-on, and luckily there was a double episode of Lost on tonight which kept my attention...which led to the news which wasn't really new and that lead to Letterman which of course leads to that cheeky little monkey Craig Ferguson! And here it is after one in the morning, I finished the leg, the heel flap, turned the heel, did the gussets and the gusset decreases and am working on the foot length...but that's good enough for one night, it's lights out! Have to work tomorrow but it looks like a light day so far, (which means I'll take my knitting and it will get too busy to pick it up!).

5 comments:

The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

Roni, darling, you know if you keep this up I will have to commission a pair of socks from you! You know I already LOVE your purses! You are the most talented woman! KNIT ON GIRLFRIEND!!

Anonymous said...

i have been on that knitting train before.
must.
finish.
sock.
and then it is sunlight out and all the birds are chirping.
someone should invent a knittin' 'bar' for all us junkies.
and the bartender would have to be a hot guy who knits too.
HA!
SP

Heather said...

i think it is according to the yarn harlot, 16 hrs= a pair of socks. is she a fast knitter?

Anonymous said...

Would ya please go to bed so ya dont get sicker!

Anonymous said...

hey..wait a minute...dont be sick!
ack!
sleep toady because the knitting will still be there in the morning!!!
SP