It was also our chance to celebrate our friend Julies birthday! And so we did....
Here's the birthday girl:
Here's the birthday cake: aka earthquake cake

Here's the group enjoying the cake:
You might notice the TV in the background, below it is the DVD Player now known as "the DVD player which shall not be named", which is apparently now in DVD player heaven but had the gall to crap out just before the end of Knotting Hill leaving us in chick flick hell! Damn technology! have we gotten nowhere? It's 2006 for crying out loud....how does this happen? Ya spend 39.00 on a DVD player and should expect it last longer than 18 months !!! Ok...maybe not! Sorry girls.... (tail tucked between legs).
I'm ticked because I haven't seen that movie in so long....I can't remember how it ended!!!! Then it hits me....it's on all the time on On Demand, for free!!!! Maybe tonight I'll watch it again....sorry girls :)
But we still had our knitting....and cake....yummmmmy cake. And there was singing....the birthday song of course!!! scary stuff! he he he.
knitting: I've started a wedding gift, which I can't describe here because what if I'm an idiot and forget about it and then tell the bride about my blog....well you know.... just suffice it to say that after 3 cast ons and fixing a dropped stitch, which may actually be a yarn over, I'm on my way and it looks pretty!!!! (she'll never know, she doesn't knit....gasp).
And since the bride to be works in my office, I also started the guage swatch for a tank top (for myself ... unless I don't knit to the right guage and then it's for whoever it fits!) which I'll be able to take to work when it's slow in the office, which might help to keep me from wandering over to my LYS and "enhancing my stash"!
Also went to the movie this weekend, saw The Devil Wears Prada..... and in the words of Miranda,
"that's all"




No comments:
Post a Comment