Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Projects in progress

I don't have that many actually, ok, so maybe it's more accurate to say that the one's I have aren't that old. I'm working on a wedding gift, it's a lovely cream color, so I don't want to haul it back and forth to work, (or anywhere else for that matter) 1. because I don't want it to get dirty and 2. because I'm making it for a co-worker.
So, naturally I cast on another project that I can take to work so I can knit in my down time. That beautiful aqua blue Berocco Touche. I bought it a few months ago to make a tank top type sweater with. So the pattern I'm using is the Jat Top from Karabella






and I am knitting along...and along....and along... due to different gauge etc.... I'm using size 8 needles but had to cast on 30 extra stitches for a total of 170 ugh.... so I'm knitting knitting knitting....and got to this point....








when I realized uhoh...this is where I have to deviate from the pattern...in order to change the neckline which as you can see from the pattern is clearly not a tank top neckline. So ... I had to stop...on saturday night, because I NEED HELP and Heartstrings is closed on Sundays...so what did I do? Why, I cast on a new sock of course!!!!




Then yesterday I hurried over to Heartstrings on my lunch hour (and a half) and found Dawn, who is once of the nicest ladies in the universe. She sat down with me, and a calculator and basically re-worked the pattern for me, came up with a plan for my neckline and then said, "come back and see me when you're ready to start the front!!!" How nice is that? And I'll definitely need help with the front. The back of the neck will basically be strait across, probably can't do that with the front.

So....I decided post to my blog today (because when I logged on I realized oops it's been a week since my last post) and thought I'd like to put some pics up of projects in progress. I got out the camera, laid the sweater out on the floor and took pics. Did I mention we're having a heat spell and I've let my elderly wench of a Siamese cat come in the house? Yes well, anyone who has a cat knows what happens when you lay anything, ANYTHING out in front of you on the floor...

THIS is what happens:

yep....she not only walked across it but she snagged it....not once but twice...one walk across and picked up and caught stitches on two nails....oooooooooh yeeeeesh. I was not happy.

Here's lil miss attitude:



She doesn't look very sorry.

Supposed to be about 107 today, so I'm staying in, and keeping my knitting off the floor and in my lap where it belongs (after my chores are done of course) aaaah ha ha ha.

Stay cool every one! Happy Tuesday.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

stay cool in the heat!!!
107!
ughy!
drink loads of sweet tea..it'll keep you cool and jazzed to knitknitknitknit!!
SP

Anonymous said...

I say toss that hussy cat out on her ear! Snagging her wenchy claws on your top - the nerve. Cats do that stuff on purpose, you know. they are evil. Lets put her in the laundry room with my doberman and see what happens. (your cat will kick my dog's butt).

knitknak said...

uh yeah!!! do you see the evil look on her hussy face? She's a real meany... I took pity on her in the heat and let her in for awhile...til she did that. :)

Heather said...

don't you love the way math canhelp you knit anything! have you tried the snagit thing to pull the snags thru to the oher side?
besides that it is looking lovely!

knitknak said...

Yeah I pulled and stretched it a little and they pretty much popped back where they belong...luckily. Or I would have turned it into a kitty sweater...she'd have hated that hehehe

Anonymous said...

Okay . . . first off explain please what "down time at work" means . . . I only get down time from work when I leave it to go home where I have more work (want to impress the visitors not the hubby that's a lost cause) . . . that naughty naughty cat!!!! I have learned to put some tissue paper on the floor, table, sofa,etc. keeps my cats out of my stuff and they love the sound of that tissue pictures . . . BTW whats a snagit??? Top looks great so far can't wait to see the finished project . . . Linda

knitknak said...

Oh tissue paper...great idea hmmmm. She's usually outside...where she belongs...the wench.

And oh paleeeez. The way you send out those e-mails.... you legal professionals create plenty of downtime!!! it's just that it has to be online so you LOOK busy. lol

Anonymous said...

hello Roni!!
i am not at home right now, off to visit the inlaws...in north carollina
look for postcards!
ahhh..driving is very different with a baby, a dog, and a man who forgets to stop and sleep for the night...
ah
i am too old for this...
aloha
your humble servant & SP