Monday, July 03, 2006

House cleaning update

So... I have all these days off, since friday at 2 pm to be exact (and it's now 6 pm on Monday), I had sincerely hoped to have my house completely and thouroughly minimalized and clean clean clean. Instead, I have 5 new plants in my yard, my hypertufa bird bath (which I made last fall) has finally landed in it's rightful place in my yard, and my son's (which has been sitting in an "in the way" place on my patio since Christmas) has found it's place in his yard. The picture doesn't really do it justice, if it's in a fairly shady and/or damp place it would get mossy which could look cool. And, it would look kinda cool if the base and top were turned on an angle...Anyhoooo





What else, I did muck out and minimalize my home office, And then I promptly went to World Market and Pier One and bought stuff to "help organize" it...or muck it back up ... we shall see.
At any rate, it's done....and it 's time to move on to mucking out the bathrooms, and doing all the other disgusting cleaning things I hate to do. Which I was sure would be done by now....

I did finish my first wash rag....and am halfway through the second one but ran out of yarn,
pattern: from Knitting the Easy Way
yarn: Plymouth Fantasy Naturale, 100% mercerized cotten
needle: one is done on US #8 circular and the half finished is seed stitch on US # 7 Addi's

And then...since I was out of yarn and couldn't continue I decided it's time I finished my oldest UFO which is a pair of socks from Cascade Fixation.



See the lengths that one can go to in order to avoid the yukky chores in life!!!! (I think we can add updating my blog to the lengths I'll go to also!)

Alright, I hear a toilet calling my name (hey...that doesn't sound right does it...) I'm outta here.

3 comments:

Old Knitter said...

OH MY GOD! . . . is this what I am going to have to do when the CHAMPS get-together is going to be at my house . . . I think I will check out the price of a room at the local casino (pool, air conditioning, fun games) . . . that would be a different place to knit . . . right? . . . of course right!!!! I will do anything to get out of cleaning house and prettying up the yard!!!!!!

knitknak said...

OK, I'm prettying up the yard because, I've been lazy. I can't believe how little I'm worked in it this year, I'm usually out there ALOT. And....the same goes for the house, I've been lazy!! hahaha Living alone, it only matters to me...so...I've been lazy. And it's way past time hahaha. You don't have to do a thing... If I was prettying things up for you guys, I'd just clean the bathroom mop, dust and vacumme and call it good. So relax....your turns coming...

The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

I'm with Linda... I think August we should rent a suite for a weekend at the casino. What fun! Besides, it'll be good for us... maybe we could get Brooke to change her hectic schedule! I'm glad one of us cleaned this weekend. I should have but couldn't. I did knit, though. I'm sure your house is beautiful!