Sunday, October 01, 2006

SP9 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I do believe I like the "natural fibers" the best....but it depends on what I'm doing I guess. I'm not into the strictly acrylic or eyelash types. I like Manos Del Uruguay ALOT, also Cascade. I'd love yarn that's local to my pals area, I love the hand-dyed/homespuns etc.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? My SP8 pal made me two cute fabric needle rolls, my long needles are in a cute vase.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I learned briefly as a child, picked it up again last January, self taught via Knitting for Dummies and a lot of help from my knitting friends and lass's. Maybe an intermediate beginner.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I recently started an Amazon wish list but haven't added much to it.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.) I love the pumpkin spice/cinnamon type scents for this time of year for candles. Orange/mandarin bath products are nice, lavender anything that's not overpowering and not baby powder scented.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? hammy with the exception of licorice I never met a candy I didn't like! I do prefer milk chocolate over dark....However I've recently tried some very nice dark chocolate.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? It seems that knitting has taken over my spare time...I sew a little (mostly little knitting related items) and I don't spin yet....But I do want to learn to spin!

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MPH? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like anything but rap or hard rock, and yes it can play MPH.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I don't wear a lot of the bright reds or bright orange, Burgundy is ok and most other colors are fine too. Nothing that I really hate, but I'm not all that into the nouns. My house is in green/purples and neutral shades.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I'm a single mom to a grown son. I have an elderly Siamese cat who recently moved indoors because she's not handling the weather very well anymore. Oh and I have a goldfish that the cat has her eye on.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or pinches? Scarves....Gloves (not mittens), not a hat person but I like to knit them for others, and uh...yeah not a poncho person.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? So far, I seem to like it all! I've knitted felted bags/purses, a couple of sweaters, a few washrags, a lot of scarves, and 4 or 5 pairs of socks. And hats...hats are fun to knit!

13. What are you knitting right now? finishing up an enterlac scarf, the "my so called scarf" (herringbone stitch), an afghan, a sweater, the UFO mentioned below, and I always have a sock in progress!

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Oh yes....yes I do. Handmade is best!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I'm learning that I like the Addi turbos, and I like bamboo and I like both, straights and circulars depending on what I'm knitting. I really like a pointy end on my needles though.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Oh I wish. I really am starting to need a winder.

17. How old is your oldest UFO? maybe a couple of months...it's a sweater tank that is a little smaller than I'd like it to be...so I haven't finished the last crocheted row at the bottom.

18. What is your favorite holiday? I like them all I think. But Christmas is the one my family usually gets together for... so I probably like it the best. And, I love making/buying gifts!

19. Is there anything that you collect? Yarn....needles

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Fair Isle.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Oh yes!

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) Feb. 7th.

No comments: