Sunday, October 29, 2006

wicked wicked socks!

The socks are evil....they possess powers....they make the wearer do things she's knows she shouldn't do....they made me lose my mind (but I love them anyway).

The day after I finished the socks... I had big plans....I was going to run out to Starbucks, grab a chai tea and come home and paint my bedroom and bathroom. As soon as I put those socks on, the phone rang...my friend is inviting me to meet her for coffee.... despite the afore mentioned good intentions... I say "SURE! I'll meet ya for coffee!"....but hey, maybe an hour of painting time lost right? And that would be true if I hadn't made a detour to the Auto Mall on my way home...so .... 7 hours later.... I own this:



What's the problem you ask??? What got painted???? NOTHING!! Did I actually sell my old car first? NO. Did I trade it in? NO. Did I do careful research and comparison shopping like I normally would...NO...well some but not nearly enough!!!!
(Ok, I have been thinking about it...looking a little) But I had no intention of doing what I did this weekend!
And worst of all... my poor sister was waiting for me to help with her socks... instead we drove this baby to lunch and over yummy pasta on the patio we stared at this thing until we'd convinced me that it was pretty enough to buy. Not to mention how nice it drives and.... oh my lots of room for hauling yarn around in!

Which brings me back to the beginning.... it was the crazy chocolate socks that made me do it!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know it would make a great birthday present to me . . . I would even let you continue to make the payments!!!!! . . . I wonder what color of socks I should knit to go with the mini van I want or even better I should have you call up my hubby and invite him for coffee . . . hmmmmmmmm??? You sure do look pretty in it!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Lets go shopping!! I like that you can haul a ton of yarn in that bad-boy. Will you be the offical vehile of "Stitches West or Bust"?? LOL.

Anonymous said...

That seems like a lot of vehicle for little ol' you ... and with gas prices what they are these days too! You must be rich, honey!

:)

The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

Now there is absolutely NO excuse for you not to volunteer to drive the KC to Grass Valley to go shopping and out for lunch. C'mon babe... ROAD TRIP!!

(It's gorgeous! I'm jealous! I'm happy for you!)

pseudobunny said...

HAHAHAHHAHA!!!
I love it!
Yet another thing to blame knitting on!
Who knew?
HAPPY HALLOWEENIE!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Tee hee!

Nice wheels secret pal!

Heather said...

i go out for chai, and come home with yarn. heehee i will show this to the hubby next time he complains! thanks!

she is the perfect shade of red.
what will you call her?