Monday, October 16, 2006

I liiiiike it!!!!

This: is my newly cast on sock....with my yummy chocolate colored yarn which my very nice chocolate swap pal Susan, sent me. I absolutely love it already!




Yes, you see it right, five double points....I'm used to using two circulars for my socks, in size 5. these are like size 2 1/2 us....yikes! But... I love it! I might switch and work it on 4 dbl pts...but...we'll see how long it takes to get used to all these sharp pointy things. My cat, obviously elderly .... came dangerously close to losing an eye last night when she jumped onto my lap!!!! double yikes!!!



This is a dilemma for me....I love this stitch, I love this yarn (manos del uruguay, my so-called scarf on US 11.) But for the life of me I can't happily bind off... I mean, I'm happy to bind off...but I haven't been happy with my bind off...not any of the 5 or 6 times I've bound off....only to undo my bind off. Does anybody out there have any ideas? I know it's best to bind off in the pattern stitch....but I'm not sure how to make that work...so I tried to bind off in knit then I tried to bind off in purl...and visa versa and versa visa and it just looks like doo doo.
Any ideas? Please?


So, that's what I'm working on.

Ok,I'm also working on this: A Christmas present




And this: Another Christmas present


And I finished this....


and....after taking half of these pictures, I got tangled in my sock yarn and jammed about 3 of the pointy little things into my foot....ouch.... ok, not clear into it... but it still smarted...
so take my advice....know where those pointy sticks are at all times!!!!

happy knitting.

3 comments:

pseudobunny said...

hola!
dern it , i was gonna send you some fish for the holidays! hee heee heee
bind of in the pattern design..it will look wonky until you block it i think...
ox
rachel

knit_knot said...

Good grief you have to much free time on your hands, Bragger.

knitknak said...

Yes, Yes I do....so much free time that I've been spending it ripping out a sock....I got all the way to the heel flap and discovered it was going to be too loose...so I started over about 10 times....uuugh. You need to blog :) or I can do it for you again heheehe