Sunday, September 24, 2006

What a weekend!!!!

It was a working weekend around this place and I'm pooped!!!! I spent most of the day Saturday doing yardwork....mowing, trimming, weeding....drained the hot tub .... walked my son's dog....knitted all evening with my sis and niece Lindsay. Then I got up this morning and started in the house...yikes... where does the dust come from??? Does anybody know? I cleaned all day....you'd think it was spring or something. Then I had to finish with the hot tub, clean it, fill it... Then, I invited my brother over for dinner, so we barbecued moose and tri-tip cabobs, fresh pineapple yummmm. And did I mention the laundry?! I'm thinking all this cleaning should grant me a fair amount of knitting time this week!!! Yay!!!

Hope you all had a more relaxing weekend! ta ta.

7 comments:

The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

I'm tired just READING about what you did! I will be doing that next weekend in prep for my brother's arrival. Hope you get to spend lots of time knitting this week! I figure since I'm cleaning next week, that's enough. :) I knitted up a storm this weekend and still have lots of things to get made before vacation! Yikes!

knit_knot said...

Moose... Yuck!!!

knitknak said...

ooooh moose yuuuuummmmm. Much better than bambi!

Anonymous said...

You ate BULLWINKLE????? how could you . . . I agree with your sister . . . YUCK!!!! . . . next time you serve food I am diffently going to ask what it is and I KNOW what chicken looks like cooked!!!! your poor cholocate pal Susan is probably scared out of her wits on what chocolate covered thingys you will be sending her !!!!!! (hehehe)

pseudobunny said...

I think we had a coastal BBQ connection!
We did BBQ ribs with PINEAPPLE !!!!
No moose though..
And REALLY look for a big happy box.
Oh man.
A chocolate swap...A much smarted move than a Punk Rock Gift exchange...What was I thinking???
Either I am gonna head to your neck of California or you are gonna have to head to my part, but we will need to have a knit-together soon...
XO
the mail-challenged
rachel
(and the dust comes from my neighbors yard, they are growing a virulent dust strain over there...photos to come soon)

Anonymous said...

Holy cow! I don't know how you found any time to knit at all - or the energy to knit after all that!

The BBQ sounds good though - yum! :)

pseudobunny said...

all day i have been thinking to myself..i need to get some hot chocolate...and then i thought :
" aha!!!! when roni comes to town, we will meet and knit at BitterSweet in SF!!!! "
http://www.bittersweet-cafe.com/
oh it is HEAVEN on earth
but i dont know how much knitting we would get done..i usually have a sip and want to run around the block 80 or so times....
oscar helped typr thids