Sunday, September 10, 2006

In the Light of Day

Funny how some things just look better in daylight. Yesterday the lovely Heatherly taught me how to do the Enterlac Danika scarf. I'm using some silk garden that I had (though I am a skein short I think) and after working on it awhile last night, I just wasn't all that excited about it. I love the pattern, and of course with Heather's instruction it's working up nicely, but I just wanted to see more in the way of color change (aka: instant gratification). However....in the daylight.... I really like what I see:


Of course after it's blocked it will lay a little flatter, and the edges will be straight....I hope :) It is a fun pattern! Pattern: Enterlac Danika Scarf
Needles: size 7 Addi circulars (worked like straights)
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden (should take about 2 1/2 skeins without fringe)

off to finish yardwork so I can watch movies and knit later!!!! Happy Sunday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A scarf! How ambitious! I'm thinking a garterlac washcloth is more my speed:

http://knotanotherhat.typepad.com/GarterlacDishcloth2.pdf

knitknak said...

Oh come on....Branch out Girl!!!

Old Knitter said...

I love it!!!!! . . . I'm hoping Heather will be having another class . . . or here's a thought - maybe you could teach me on Sunday . . . are you brave enough to take on this challenge???? . . . maybe I should find out what your terms of payment are . . . I have some real yummy yarn in my stash . . .

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is going to be so beautiful, it already looks great - I so love the entrelac pattern and the colors of the yarn you're using!