It's finally finished! I actually felted it last weekend, but... I hate the finish work and have been just too lazy to finish it up. So, tonight I finally shaved the fuzz off it and sewed on the pockets and then put the handles on it. Voila...it's finished. I'm not sure what I'll do with it...I may give it to a friend, a non-knitter, (who knew such a person exists) for her birthday to use as an overnight bag. So, tell me sister knitters....is it a good birthday gift? A good overnight bag?? I'd love some input! I like it ok, but I like my brown bag better!
Pattern: My Constant Companion
Book: Knitter's Stash
Yarn: one strand Noro Kureyon color # 92/one strand Cascade Ecological Wool shade 8010
Needles: Size 11 US/24 inch circular (clover bamboo)
Here are the before felting and after felting pics....


Wow... Looking at the pics I just knowticed the blue/green stripes three in the body of the bag and one on the top edge....kinda cool....ok maybe I like it more now hahaha. Maybe I should take the pocket off????
6 comments:
i like how the ecological washed out the colours. looks almost painted.
I think it looks great! It looks kinda southwestern to me. I also like the pattern it seems to make. If you ask me, the person who get this as a gift is going to be very lucky and pleased to get it.
I am sorry you are not feeling the "love" for your constant companion (the bag of course) . . . bring it to Julie's so we can admire it up close and personal and fight over who gets it!!!!
nice work!
i need to get on the felted bag train!
although, i just found some neat scarf patterns through knitty....but i think it would take me tooo long to finish soon......hmmm maybe i could try to do some felted boxes..have you tried any of those?
but really - you do make a beautiful bag!
I love it! If I thought you'd give it to me if I'd stop knitting, I'd stop in a flash! I WANT ONE!!
I saw your brown bag on Sunday (my brief appearance at LYS). it is beeeee uuuuu tteeee ful. I imagine this bag is equally great. and Yes, what a lovely gift.
Post a Comment