Tuesday, March 20, 2007

new day, new season and a new attempt at posting....

OK, let's try this again shall we? Happy Spring everyone...it's officially spring, or so they said on the news tonight.
I got to sleep in today, until the phone rang waking me up to remind me of my dentist appt. tomorrow. I hate waking up to the phone ringing, I'm always afraid I'm supposed to be somewhere and overslept! I did have to go in to the office for a little while today, but not long. Had a quick lunch with my sister first, and then I went to the LYS and looked, found a few little things for my secret pal's first package, and in general just hung out and visited. (note to self: take your knitting next time).


Here are the pics I couldn't post last night...


The sweater sleeve mentioned in the previous post:
the yarn is Noro Blossom, it's the ladies striped sweater from the Noro pattern book vol. 20




And the sock and really white foot (with the fancy toes):
the yarn is claudia hand painted 100% merino, size 2 dbl pts and just a generic sock pattern with the leg in k2p2 ribbing. (i'm getting tired of ribbing...not good on the first sock)






And that's what I've been working on!

I'm procrastinating on making up the sweater, hence the sock in progress!

I love knitting socks...have I mentioned that? No matter what else I'm working on....I like having a sock on the needles too. And I have the sock yarn stash to prove it. In fact, when I started this sock, I was being kinda lazy. I had my sweater pieces all pinned out blocking on the dining room table, which also happens to be where I usually set up the winder, sooo I had the winder put away. Soooo I just grabbed the claudia which was already wound instead of setting up the winder and swift and winding what I really wanted to use which is this :

Lovely hand dyed (specially for me by my sp9 spoiler Nicole
100% Merino. Isn't it beautiful? I can't wait to see it on my feet. Tell me people, is it ok to knit socks in from a beautiful dyed yarn like this in a pattern....like some fancy stitch pattern verses stockinette? would it take away from the color? or would the color variation take away from the pattern?




Oh and while I was looking for that picture, I remembered that I don't think I've posted a picture of this: The Danica Enterlac Scarf in Noro Silk Garden. I can't tell you what a nice blocking in a little bit of wool wash does for this scarf. Soft, drapey, so nice!!! I just love it!

And on that note, I have to get going.... I bought my sp's favorite candy for her first package....and um... I had a moment of weakness.... ate it...finished it off today.... now I need to go find real food. At least it's gone and it's over. I'll have to pick up some more tomorrow...shhhh don't tell her!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Roni -

About the sock yarn question... it depends on the color repeat of the yarn - when I dyed this yarn, I made the skein a good 6-7 feet in diameter - but there are definetely some longer stretches of color (with some shorter spots and blips too!) so it'll be interesting to knit, for sure.

You could always swatch... or ribbing and the monkey pattern (from knitty) are good either-way kinda patterns.