Friday, August 11, 2006

Finished Objects!

Hello my bloggy little knitters ... or is it knitty little bloggers??? uh.... as you like! As I write this... I should be mowing my lawn...and since I sat down at this computer, starbucks in hand, I've lost 4 degrees of coolness...meaning... it's now 78 degrees and it was 74 darn it...so I'd better hurry... heaven forbid I should have to work up a sweat! Have I mentioned that I bought a new lawn mower last week??? Well yes I did....not only is it rear wheel driven as in SELF PROPELLED... which is the best kinda propelled because it was killing me to propell my old mower ... but...it also is key start!! Yep, just like starting the car I love it!!! The only thing better would be if some shirtless hunk was out there mowing for me. yeah yeah, I can dream.

So, I finally finished my sleeveless sweater/tank whatever:

Pattern: Jat Top from Karabella
Yarn: Touche from Berocco
Needles: size 8 circular
fit....just right. :)
the pattern called for a higher, rolled neck
and rolled hem...but I crocheted around
neck, armholes and hem... I like it.

Next.... Socks from fixation...yes I can get two socks from one ball of fixation...they're ankle height and I knit with a little stretch in the yarn but they fit fine...they don't cut off the circulation so I'm happy! These were done on two circulars size 5 US Addis... which is the easiest kinda sock knittin ever!




what else...oooh I'm working on a baby blanket for a lady in my office who's baby girl is due in December....and it's just about done. Ran out of green yarn just short of completing this last stripe so it's a bit narrow and I haven't decided quite what to do about it....my plan was to do a white border around the whole thing anyway to increase the size just a bit...any suggestions???
Pattern: just garter stitch 8 rows of green 6 rows of white with cast on 54.
Yarn: Heaven by Plymouth
Needles: Size 13 US circulars


Did I mention I'm headed to the beautiful Mendocino Coast this weekend? Yep, leaving tomorrow to camp for the weekend with my son. We are meeting friends there, they do the ab diving thing and Sat night....yummy ab feed. I hate fish but I like abalone when it's deep fried and tastes like chicken! hahaha. We'll also visit friends that live in Fort Bragg....it's always fun... oooh oooh it's a 4 hr drive in the car visiting with my son...and knitting!! Yahoo!!

ok... I've got to get outside...or put it off til tonight perhaps...hehehehe

Have a great weekend my friends!

No comments: