Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Me Me Me.... or ... SP8 questionnaire


1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
My favorite yarns....oh that's a toughy! I really like Noro yarns (who
doesn't right?) And though I've yet to use it, I'm pretty taken with the Manos
del Uruguay too. I've done quite a bit of felting, so I've used cascade, and
love it of course. I have to say, I'm not all that fond of the fake fur
stuff....at least not when knitting with it by itself. Too slippy slidey

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Aaaahhhhhaaaaa hahaha. Storing my needles in something, what a great idea...
I should get something. Right now, they're kinda scattered about. Usually I
keep a few pairs in my project bag, and I have an old dresser in my spare
room that I'm keeping my stash in and there's a drawer for needles.


3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've only been knitting about 3 or 4 months, but I've not stopped since I
started. I think I'm probably an advanced beginner. I've
made a bunch of scarves, I've made socks, felted purses, learned to cable and
am taking a sweater class right now.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Noooo, I don't have a wish list on Amazon, what a great idea! As soon as I
finish this post I'llcheck that out!

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
hmmm my favorite scent (this is fun), for bath products, I like the madarin
scents, or green tea type scents, I'm not that into heavy floral or heavy
fruity scents really and for candles, I like vanilla or spice/cinnamon
scents, citrus is nice for

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Milk chocolate.....chocolate....chocolate....mmmmm.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I like just about everything really, I haven't done a lot of craft stuff or
sewing for the past few years (been in school) but I'm back now! I like to
work in my yard and flower beds. And mostly, I'm just so into knitting! In
the past I've cross stiched, sewed, done fabric crafts, quilted, done tile
mosaic crafts... I'm open to alot of things! I do not spin....but, I would
love to!

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like all kinds of music EXCEPT Rap! My computer and car stereo play MP3s.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
hmmm I'm a redhead, so I tend to stay away from the red/orange palate as far
as clothes go. Otherwise, pretty much anything goes I guess...

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
My son is grown and has his own house now, and my only
indoor pet (if you can call it that) is a goldfish, and anyday it may go
live in a water garden outside...just one more sassy comment....and that
fish is outside. Oh, and i have a cat who thinks she should live inside, but
she doesn't.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I do wear scarves and gloves, don't wear hats as a rule or poncho/shawls.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
So far I'm having fun learning new things. I love to knit the felted bags,
and the socks were fun. I am definately looking forward to making big girl
sweaters though (I'm learning on a baby sweater).

13. What are you knitting right now?
Right now, I'm working on a scarf, it's in a k2p2 rib pattern, made from
Merino Frappe by Crystal Palace.

And a baby sweater, and a pair of socks.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
I love handmade gifts.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I seem to be using circular needles alot, Bamboo...but I like straight
ones too. I also recently used some addi turbos for a pair of
socks ....really liked them!

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Not yet :)

17. How did you learn to knit?
My mother taught me to knit when I was about ten years old. But I just made
one scarf and didn't knit again until this year... I bought a "Knitting and
Crocheting for Dummies" book and taught myself....and then discovered my
LYS and have received a lot of help from the ladies there.

18. How old is your oldest UFO?
Don't hate me... it's a couple of weeks old. A pair of socks... and a few
bags that need buttons etc.

19. What is your favorite holiday?
My favorite holiday, would have to be Christmas. It's the one we make the
biggest deal about, and the one the whole family usually gets together for.

20. Is there anything that you collect?
Well.... apparently, I collect yarn and needles and patterns now....who
knew?!


21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Yes, I'd love to have the Vogue Knitting Stitchionary. I love that book and
I'm dying to learn new stitch patterns!! So far I haven't subscribed to any
magazines....so far.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I love the look of some of the lace stitches. I need to learn to do a yarn
over for those I think .... first things first I guess.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes, yes I am a sock knitter. My foot is 8 1/2 inches around and 10 inches
(that can't be right) long.

24. My birthday.... Feb. 7.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

loads of good info! thanks!
very interesting...