Sunday, April 23, 2006

cables


Well, I did it! with Heatherly's help, I knitted a cable scarf. And I can't believe how easy it is and how complicated it looks. Of course this just a basic cable pattern but I like it!! hmmm what else, Oh yes, I finished a pair of socks and a couple of felted bags that needed a shavin and to have their handles attached. I should be out in the yard today, but... staying in and figuring out the whole "put a picture on the blog" thing instead. Sweater class next week...yahooo!

3 comments:

The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

Very, very pretty! I'm going to wait to tackle the I-Cord until someone can show me... I learn best that way. I had done cables a zillion years ago and almost forgotten how cute they are in a pattern! I hope someday my work turns out as nice as yours!

Old Knitter said...

CONGRATS!!!! Can't wait to see your cable scarf up close and personal . . . great job on adding pictures to your blog also . . . how do you "shave a felted bag?" . . . looking forward to hearing the whole story . . .

Anonymous said...

Cables are so much fun! I remember when i first learned how to do them..all i could think was how simple it was vs. how scary they seemed..
Really beautiful!