Monday, July 30, 2007

good things come to those who waaaaaiiiiiiit....

Isn't that how the saying goes? Well.....my new job is not only new to me....but it's also a new position for the place I'll be working. As in .... they've never hired or employeed a "me" before. So....it's a learning situation for us both.....so....some paperwork didn't get done when it should have and my start date....well it can't really be my start date now and has been sorta pushed back by almost two months. But....(and ya gotta love this) since they told me that would be my start date, they're going to honor that and put me to work then and let me have a longer orientation of sorts....and so I'll not be unemployed for a few months! I already love that place!

On the knitting side of life, I've made great progress on the test knit...but it's not done yet.

Lambtown USA! Was good! Lots of cool rovings and fleeces and yarns everywhere! We pretty much just stuck to the market place, and bought stuff. We didn't take any classes or see any animals....but I'm thinking that would be fun to do next year.

We got too hungry and headed for Chevy's instead! And then....to Vacaville to the outlets to shop for Niece type clothes! ok, and maybe some Auntie type shoes. It was a fun day.


Here are the pics I promised last time:
This is some very beautiful 100% merino roving from Canada. It was a gift from my good friend
Joanne of Heartstrings (thank you Joanne :)
and this.... is some roving I couldn't resist at Lambtown.
same with this, I bought little sample amts so that I can play with it to see how the different fibers and fiber blends spin up (really I bought it for science!) silk, silk/romney blend, tussah/English Leicester/Suri alpaca blend and I and Alpaca by itself and romney by itself all in the name of science I tell ya.
And this little goodie....also from Canada.....beautiful Fleece Artist sock yarn....I couldn't resist.
This is the secret knitting....I made it blurry on purpose because....it's secret.
This is the market bag from Magknits. Pattern and yarn compliments of my sp10....thanks sp I am happy with how it turned out! (except the part where there were seams to sew up....it was a fun knit.)
and this....is also a secret....but you can see it's feather and fan...in Noro Sumile (ok, not the greatest pic so just trust me, it looks good and will look better with blocking!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that someone is doing this kind of stuff in the name of science....

pseudobunny said...

oooooo!
i wanna make the "market"bag from Knitty.com..looking good!
vacation huh? maybe clinton and i need to head up north....

Anonymous said...

I had a good time at Lamb Town with you Ronni! Although I must say that I think that my cats like the Alpaca Silk a little bit better then the felted cat balls I got them... The Alpaca was found throughout the apartment! I guess it's a big hit in this house. I'm going to use the Alpaca for some sandals...kinda like the one I just finished and posted to my blog. I can't wait to see you in a few weeks and finally start a project for me!!! Talk to you soon! Jenny