Friday, June 22, 2007

blogitis... or something

I don't know what's wrong with me lately...but when I think about blogging....I start itching....I must be allergic. But today, I'll brave the rash and push on!
Now I know....that I've been delinquent in my blogging duties....and this goes back awhile, like to Denver! So I'll post some pics and talk a little about Denver and everything since then, here goes!

1. Denver, well you all know that I was in Philly, and I posted a few pics about that. From there I flew to Denver, where I met Julie and we saw the play Wicked...which was really really good. Ok, before we went to the play, we walked around downtown, and were lucky enough to have landed there on the weekend of "The Peoples Fair" which is a huge craft fair! Do we have great timing or what?

The next day we drove north about an hour to Fort Collins, CO where we visited my friend Coral


She moved to Fort Collins....well...a long time ago and I miss her! This was the first time we've gotten to see each other in years....(Coral if you're out there reading this....let's not wait so long next time!)
We had a great visit....went for a walk downtown, shopped a little, and just before dinner....I mentioned something about knitting.....
Coral: you knit?
Me: ummm yeah....
Coral: Me too! Do you Spin???
Me: Yes do you????? (getting louder now...)
Coral: Yes....Do you have a wheel????
Me: Yes I just got one....Do you?
Coral: YES!!!! so...by now we're both jumping up and down in our seats and squealing....

You had to be there...but it was pretty funny! So we got the stash tour....very fun! So Coral....next time we'll have to get together and knit and/or spin together! ooooh maybe we should meet somewhere at a fiber festival sometime....just a thought!
Ok where was I ....
So when we left Coral's house that evening we took the scenic route back to Denver 3 hours worth of beautiful Rocky Mtn scenery!
Seen here through my eyes and a buggy windshield (sorry)


and Heatherly, this one's for you deary! Estes Park!!(what's up with the computer lingo around the pic?)

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEid0jCrwQvyWEM1Xa_KgSu7ey7fs7Og0D_qGhT3IflarhCon60gIIbQDzurMTWRUyRrPWHW7EAYKQqSZLDO_Ma0987XuRAvmrPiOjXjgo5hFyOZ2MBWVUrw8YNcIZfdyooHBRcl/s1600-h/DSCF0011.JPG">

and this....is our return to "the mile high city" (I should say here that they call it that for a reason....and just because one can walk around for a week at sea level in Philadelphia in a sleeveless top and not get sunburned....does not mean that the same "one" can walk around in Denver for a few hours...under the same sun but apparently much closer...without getting fried! So, when in Denver people...think sunscreen!


2. While I was gallivanting around the country....my son bought a ski boat! (pics soon) What a great time that is! He took his mom to the lake this week....I'd forgotten how much I enjoy being there. Even though we spent a lot of time on the boat when I was a kid....seems we've gotten busy and away from it for a long time. Again...think sunscreen. I have to say the kid is prepared...he's got three tubes of spf 30 on that boat and he's great at remembering to re-apply! That makes for nicer memories of the day let me tell ya!

3. Tomorrow....I'm going to a wedding. Now, I've waited to post this pic for a while. I started this just about the same day I heard of this engagement which was I think about a year ago. So, it's been done for a long time, except of course for weaving in the ends, I'll do that tonight! lol Even if the bride to be was prone to read my blog....which I feel very confident that she is not....I'm pretty sure she's not thinking about my blog tonight!:) so I do believe it's safe to show this pic!
Feather and Fan, in a combination of Berroco Chinchilla, and Idena Sorbe which gives it a shiny, soft sort of worn/rag look but in a lacy pattern! I'm hoping it's not too small...there's a lot of yarn in there and it is pretty stretchy so ....

To Nichole (beautiful daughter of my good friends Dawn and Lea) and Paul, her lucky husband to be....I wish you a wonderfully happy life together!



there's just one more thing...and I'm saving the best for last...

4. Tomorrow...my sweet niece Lindsay comes home!!! Yay! Lindsay is younger sister to my sweet niece Jenny
she's been gone for over seven months....I miss her! How many sets of sisters does it take to have an official knitting circle anyway?
Welcome home Lindsay girl! I can't wait to hug you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally our knitting circle will be a square?...no longer a triangle... maybe we should recruit more knitters ;) Can't wait for the Fiber festival in July!!! :P I miss you!!

Heather said...

isnt it amazing how friends are lniked in so many ways , even when distance seperates us?
my BFF from, well,since i was 12, knits too :-)

coral said...

Roni, this is the first time i have ever blogged! I feel so 21st century! how fun was that to see our picture. it was so great seeing you! i agree let's not wait so dang long next time! love Coral