Sunday, February 11, 2007

sp10 questionnaire

Can't believe it's already time for Secret Pal 10!!


Here is the questionnaire for SP10.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I really enjoy using Noro yarns, especially the
Silk Garden. Love Manos Del Uruguay and Malibrigo. In general I prefer "natural" fibers, wool, silk, etc...
What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I'm not a big fan of acrylic.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a couple of great needle rolls that my first sp made for me, and a wonderful Della Q
circular needle case which was a Christmas gift from my mother.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn?
I learned briefly when I was about 10 but don't recall finishing anything. Then about
one year ago I taught myself to knit. Since then I haven't really put the needles down. I've
had a lot of help from my friends at the LYS, and friends in my knitting circle.
Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? Intermediate.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? no.

5. What's your favorite scent? hmmm I like the spice scents, citrus scents, vanilla, lavender.
Not a big fan of the flowery scents.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Chocolate, Chocolate. Chocolate. But I'm trying
to behave.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I do a little sewing, have quilted
some in the past. I used to cross-stitch but haven't in years. I do most home
improvement/repairs myself or with the help of my son and/or brother.
Do you spin? Well....actually....I recently purchased a drop spindle kit. But I haven't used it
yet.....I'm hoping that soon my friends Brooke, and Heatherly will help me get started with
that!!!

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants
to make you a CD) I like all music with the exception of really hard rock and rap.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I guess I pretty much like
them all.

10. What is your family situation? I have a grown son who has his own house now.
Do you have any pets? One elderly cat and one goldfish.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Scarves yes, gloves vs mittens...not much
hats or ponchos.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I love to knit socks....just love it. And anything I
get to knit for my son!

13. What are you knitting right now? I have two sweaters in progress both from Noro. One
beanie for my son knitted from Claudia hand painted sock yarn.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Well....Yeah!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I like bamboo and
Addi circulars. Crystal Palace dbl points for socks.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Well yes...yes I do...thanks sister!

17. How old is your oldest UFO? maybe a month or two.

18. What is your favorite holiday? I like Christmas I suppose.

19. Is there anything that you collect? hehehe yarn.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
hmmm, I'll have to get back to this one.
What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Creative Knitting (thanks Jenny)

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Intarsia!

22. Are you a sock knitter? Yes...What are your foot measurements? length = 9 inches, 8 inch circumference I think, and a pretty standard size 8 shoe.

23. When is your birthday? Feb 7.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happened to you and Julie on Sunday?? I was at Knit Wits all alone... boo hooo. Do you want to come to the Guild meeting Thursday?? it will be fun. the theme is green for st. pat's day. I got some green roving (merino) to spin!!

pseudobunny said...

Sounds like a plan if you come donw then. The show ends June ?...
aloha!