Sunday, May 21, 2006

And they did knit until they dropped...


Stitches.... After the second night of staying up until 0230, my sister woke up and discovered she had a few holes in her baby sweater front she'd been working on while falling asleep at the needles! But it was worth it.... we had a great time, knitting, teaching my niece Jenny to knit, eating and watching movies. And of course visiting our LYS. Our friend Julie (aka "chopped liver") stopped in for a little while on both days....she's knitting away at her grandbabies little sweater.... and doing a great job!!!

(That's my sister Teri and niece Jenny in the pic)

I was able to finish up the "My Constant Companion" bag from Knitter's Stash. Got it felted and when I went to put it together today, I discovered that I was supposed to knit two handles (it pays to read the directions and not just look at the pictures ...duh) and I'd only done one. So today I whipped out another I-cord which is waiting to be felted. I was in the process of sewing on the pockets when I stopped to write this, sooooo, when I get it completely finished... I'll be posting a pic! I have to say, I just love it! It's turned out so nicely, exactly what I wanted. I can't wait to stuff it full of yarn.

Today was Sunday yarn worship at KnitWits. We had a huge turnout which was fun. And I worked on some swatches for sweater class. Then I played around with some recycled sari silk, figuring out the gauge etc... and deciding what to do with it. I've been wanting to knit a vest with it so I think that's what I'll work on next, or at least really soon!

Back to the pocket sewing ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I have the bags under my eyes to proove it!!!

Heather said...

it was fun to see you! your bag turned out really cute!