Friday, February 02, 2007

bad blogger....




I've been a bad blogger ...again! Sorry, I'm having a bit of a blogger's block. :)

I am not however having a knitter's block so all is not lost!
Yay! I finished the socks from hell for my son. They fit him very well after multiple starts and frogs and customizing, which is great because now I have that pattern down!! woohoo!!

The yarn: Claudia Hand Painted fingering weight 100% Merino in the colorway Black Walnut
(one skein for each sock with a tiny bit left over and I'm hoping to get the hat done in one skein)
Needles: size #2 dbl pts from crystal palace.
Pattern: is pretty much the Yarn Harlot's basic sock pattern with some customizing by me (ankle decreases).


And I'm halfway through the beanie he asked if I could make from the same sock yarn....(what was I thinking when I said "sure!")


Same yarn as the socks...the Harlot's basic hat patttern and size 2 dbl pts




But all that knitting on tiny size 2 dbl pts....I needed a break, and I got one when I made my sister a companion bag for her birthday. (forgot to take a pic but should have one soon).

And so I'll have a diversion while the hat is in progress, I started a sweater for myself!



Yarn: Noro Blossom color #9

Needles: size 10 addi circulars

pattern: From the book Noro vol. 20, Y763 Noro Blossom Ladies Stripped Sweater

Now the sweater looks a little short but it should be ok when it's blocked. the stitch pattern is alternating 6 rows St st with 6 rows reverse St st. So it has a horizontal ribbed effect until it's blocked. (wish me luck) I'm finished with the back and halfway thru the front!

Off to work, ta ta and have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Heather said...

ooh looks like lovely knitting! i got more hand paint yesterday heehee

miss ya!