Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I'm Sorry.....

I’ve been a baaaaad blogger! And the only excuse I have….which really is no excuse is that…well…. I have no excuse, so here’s a feeble attempt at trying to catch up!

First….. My lovely secret pal….sent me this in the mail:





(It arrived yesterday) its theeeee most wonderfully delicious chocolately nut covered crunchy buttery toffee I’ve ever….ever …eaten….and when I say eaten… I do mean, ….eaten…. as in ALL OF IT! Holy crap was it yummy. Here you see evidence of what it looked like….this morning, before I ate that piece….ya know…that LAST piece. (I may be a candy whore) YUM
Thank so much secret pal!!! You were right….it’s theeee best. (Well it was the best).
Now Teri and Julie, stop laughing at me….I had one day…and a half of horrible dietary indiscretion…but I assure you both…I’m back on track now…I have to be, there’s no more candy in the house.
I’d been doing so well too….today is day 9 or 10 of eating healthy and no caffeine well except that wee little bit in the chocolate ….rats. and except for Red Lobster last night, can’t resist the cheesy biscuits!


And…moving on…this is my niece Jenny, myself and my sister Teri knitting before Christmas (told you I’m behind).







And this… is the sweater I knitted for Christmas for my other niece Lindsay. It’s from the Naturally Noro pattern book, but I used Debbie Bliss. Still waiting to here if it fit so I’m keeping my fingers crossed for that.




This is my little Christmas tree…. (I went fake tree a few years back while in school, and I love it. Love the size; change it up every year, easy clean up…and the lights stay on it!)


This is my Christmas loot:


The Powerbolt 1000 yes that’s right friends…it’s a keypad door lock!!! Been wanting one for awhile and my DS got it for me for Christmas….(he was looking for a spinning wheel…but luckily changed his mind, I think I should try a drop spindle or a spinning class first before he invests in a wheel for me hehehe there’s always my b-day!)

He actually was going to get me this:



But my dear sister and her hubby beat him to it! Thank goodness for Joanne at Heartstrings, she was my Christmas gift coordinator this year!!! Seriously, she helped my mom by a gift certificate and this over the phone:



And my dear brother gave me the home depot gift certificate…because…that’s what we usually do (I disappointed him with an afghan this year hehehe) my poor family…they may be getting sick of the knitting. ha! but I’m not! He also got me a couple of books. The new Denzel book and

"The Ghost Map.

My son got me the new John Grisham, loved it. I gave him an afghan, and a scarf both which he seemed to like, I held back the felted clogs, mostly because I haven’t felted them hehehe.

This is what I’ve been working on:
this is the sock from hell. Started these for my son, made them bigger than I would for me of course (him being full grown and all) and then after multiple frogging incidents…no, I mean halfway done or more and then frogging the whole thing….measured his leg and foot, figured my gauge and designed the sock to fit him with his muscley calves and skinny ankles….and it’s finally going to be perfect… I think. While I’ve put way more time than usual into this pair of socks….I have learned a lot about sock knitting and I think the next pair I make for myself might actually stay up rather than slip down around my ankle! But we’ll see. Hehehe

Also, my sister had a birthday!!!! On the 3rd. Still working on her gift….but it’s going to be way cool when it’s done. I ran into some logistics problems but they’re worked out now! So with the sock shaping up, and the logistics all worked out…I feel like my knitting karma is back on the good side…I hope.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw man, I can't go to Red Lobster because I just can't resist those stupid biscuits. But what the heck are you doing going to Red Lobster when you could be having real seafood? I ask you!

Merry Christmas! Looks like you were treated well!

Anonymous said...

if you want to play with my wheel, call me - I am almost done spinning my current stuff. I don't have any extra roving however. See if you can hunt down about 6 - 8 oz of some wool - merino perhaps.

knitknak said...

oooh thanks for the offer. I'll let you know. Don't rush though, I'm not sure if I'm ready to take on a new skill hehehe. But soon.

pseudobunny said...

Welcome back! Hows the weather?
Clinton just went to Philo and said it was bbbbrrrrrrrrffrreeeezzzinnnnng!
cold here to though
one day i may post a new photo
hmm
maybe not
aloha
rachel

Old Knitter said...

WOW . . . I am exhausted after reading your blog and you have been very busy!!!!!