Tuesday, November 14, 2006

It's Here!!!!



Today I received a package from my secret pal. And I'm speechless...(I know, I know...that's never happened before) but I am!

She asked me to complete several additional questionaires, and now I see why! She put A LOT of thought into this package!!!! Thank you Thank you Thank you!

The book: Knitting for Peace. well...she knows why, and I'm touched.

The Yarn: Malabrigo, Holy Crap! This may just be the softest yarn I've ever touched....Kettle Dyed, worsted, in the Velvet Grapes colorway, "butter" soft as butter is right secret pal! It's beautiful, and I'm thinking it's way too soft not to end up around my neck! I'm going to search for the perfect stitch pattern to show off it's rich colors. (it would be perfect for the "My So Called Scarf" pattern, but I'm going to look for something new first).

Yarn #2: Trekking Sock yarn YAY!!!!!! I too have seen socks knit from Trekking on a bunch of different blogs.... And I just love the way they turn out. And this color is perfect!!! I really really like it....

And....the needles.... size 2 US double points (for my socks of course), metal, slick, quick and sharp sharp sharp!!! OMG, she's a mind reader this woman. I have looked at the knitpicks sight so many times, hmmm haaaa hmmmm haaaa which should I get....the options kit???? The double points??? aaaah I can't decide..... afraid to start ordering....afraid I'd fill more than one shopping cart.... I might never stop!!!

And... I'm racking my brain now...did I say anything on my blog about flying somewhere soon? No, I don't believe I did....then how did she know that the yarn cutter pendant would be another perfect gift? Well I am flying somewhere soon, and it is ANOTHER perfect gift.

Girl, when your hot your hot.... You done gooooood!!! woooohoooo! I love everything in this box LOVE IT!!! Thank you sooooo much.

last but not least....this is simply the sweetest card ever! Thanks so much pal.

Have a great Holiday and safe travels!!!

ps to pseudobunny.... I love the new ride! Love it! I'm hoping to make it down to your area really soon, maybe the the weekend after Thanksgiving. I'll let ya know if that happens!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you like the package - I felt a lot of pressure to put together something good (you being my first secret pal and all!)... I'm so so, so glad that you like it!

Have fun where ever you're flying!

-Secret McSecretive-

Heather said...

i love malbrigio! it is soo wonderful! such a nice pal!

knit_knot said...

What a lucky girl... (Bragger) OK so... what are ya going to make ya sister with that oh so soft grape looking yarn. It would go ever so nice with my blond hair, don't ya know! Good work secret pal, she even called me at my office to BRAG!!! HeHeHe

knitknak said...

Yes... I'm a very good bragger... I learned from my big sister don't ya know!

Anonymous said...

WOW . . . what a great secret pal . . . she did forget one thing though . . . where are the bandaids to go with those double pointed thingys?????

cablegal said...

Beautiful yarn! I want to see it up close very soon. You really don't want to take it on your trip, I will be happy to watch it while I watch your cat. Keep in mind if it comes up missing, I really did try to keep it safe (ha, ha).